Thread: Problems with Azodin KP blowing O-rings in regulator

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Problems with Azodin KP blowing O-rings in regulator

As the title suggests.Ive used it twice since I bought it in December and its gone on both occasions.First time it went after I had literally just refilled my 3k tank.Sent it back to RAP4UK and they fixed it.Used it last weekend at Judge Dredd and it was fine for a few hours,prob a few hundred shots,then randomly,while I was lying in a ditch,it went with out warning.Any idea why it keeps doing it?I havent adjusted the FPS from the reg,just the Velocity screw on the back.Im getting pretty fed up with it to be honest.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd get in contact with the manufacturer, they should be your first port of call, they should be able to help as its their product and may have known issues

Luxe 2.0 OLED Contract Killer Zombie
    POISON IV LV1

My UKPSF Number is -2093
    PSN Fusion_goober141
    KAPHAR HUNNU BHANDA MORNU RAMRO CHHAA"
    "It's better to die than to be Coward"...... The Gurkha Regiment

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'd get in contact with the manufacturer, they should be your first port of call, they should be able to help as its their product and may have known issues
    I did and they basically told me to replace it and slap grease/lube all over it and that theres Youtube vids to help if I get stuck.That was it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If orings are been blown it sounds to me like either there is some over pressurising?

POISON IV LV1

My UKPSF Number is -2093
    PSN Fusion_goober141

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive no idea how it could be doing it though as I havent touched the adjustment screw on the front reg.Could it be unscrewing itself over time and increasing the pressure slowly over time?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't have thought so

I've just got this from another forum about the blitz, but could also be of relavence

"The reg is leaking" is purely user error. You have to figure out the point of where your reg will blow an o-ring, and keep in about a half turn to a full turn in from that point. And from then on, you don't want to touch it. Use the back cap to adjust your velocity from there.

POISON IV LV1

My UKPSF Number is -2093
    PSN Fusion_goober141

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely sounds like over pressurised to me. Could have just been set a little high from new. Do what alex has posted. Check with manual. Turn reg pressure down by one full turn. Set back cap to near max. Check fps. If too high turn reg down a little more not back cap.

Doing this will reduce opperating pressure in marker. Should cure the problem. If you then have consistence problems or efficiency promblems just increase pressure a little but not back up to where it is now.

Only other thing after that is try it on another air tank.
    ukpsf 3970

Predator or prey? There is no in-between.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not got one myself but it would seem that an o-ring goes if the pressure is adjusted too high (anything over 400psi will blow it), since you bought it new and haven't touched the reg it would seem that it either arrived set too high.

A quick google revels that a few people have had this problem with o-ring R034 blowing (causing a leak from the bottom of the reg). Azodin are supposed quite good at sending out replacements if you contact them direct but unless you can get the pressure turned down its going to keep blowing. You're options are:

1) send it back to RAP4 again, get them to replace the o-ring again, turn the reg all the way down (see manual) before gassing it up then turn the reg up slowly until you reach a useable velocity with your velocity adjuster about half way in. Alternatively use a reg tester (or ask RAP4 to) to set the pressure to 350 psi and see if you can get to a playable velocity with the rear adjuster. It would help at this stage to underbore your barrel if you aren't already as that can get you 20 fps from the same pressure.

1a) get a supply of the R034 orings and replace yourself and do the above, mcarterbrown.com has a section dedicated to Azodin and one of their reps is a regular poster in there, if you explain the situation and that you're in the UK he might send you some. You'll need circlip pliers to take it apart.

2) Sack off the Azodin reg, take one from something else that can get to 400psi (any cocker reg should do it, not familier with modern regs, don't know if they'll got high enough).

3) Sack the marker off and get something else. (let me know if you decide to sell, I might be interested).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help guys.Ill give it a bash and see how I get on.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

azodin kp regulator leak

azodin kp problems

SEO Blog