User Tag List

Thread: I don't know what I have - Help!?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what I have - Help!?

Hi guys,

First of all, new here, new to paintball so sorry if I seem like I know nothing, because I don't!

Basically, I have purchased a paintball gun from a friend, who bought it off one of my other friends, all I know is that it cost me 10, the pistol grip is missing and the 20oz C02 bottle is empty.

What I need to know is if and where I can find a replacement pistol grip, what do I have, there is no obvious manufacture brand markings but I doubt it's a half decent gun anyway. Was it worth my 10 and if so/not - could you recommend a re-sale quote?

Below you may find picture of it, oh and written on the right hand side are the numbers "04090926" but I doubt this will be of much use.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/44z.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/6rt9.jpg/

Many thanks, Jack.
    Last edited by Bleako; 17-07-2013 at 09:32.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: I don't know what I have - Help!?

Hey there, welcome to the forum.

From what I can tell it's a Spyder clone made by a chinese company. The one you've got there is very similar to their PSTMK2 pistol, albeit with a longer barrel and constant air. They go for about 70 new in fishing tackle shops and so-on, so a tenner's not a bad price - although I doubt you'll find a buyer for resale purposes. The good news is, Spyder parts are very easy to come by, so there'll be plenty of spares to keep this running if anything goes wrong with it.
    Irritatingly, the grip on these is slightly smaller than your standard .45 (but they look the same) so you might want to look into getting a universal pistol hogue and fashioning your own:

I've owned the pistol variant for testing purposes, they actually don't shoot that bad - certainly better than most rental markers. So you should see a fair bit of use with it until you plan to upgrade it (I'd recommend a second hand BT-4 or Tippmann A5, they go for between 40-80).

Hope this helps!
    - Wolf

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks very much for the help. With you saying they sell these sort of thing in fishing tackle shops, I am guessing people use them to fire bait into the water whereabouts their line is?

As you seem to be so wise on these things, would you mind explaining to me what the silver long thing at the rear of the gun (where a stock normally is on RIF) does, and the other below it. So confused by it all.. normally an airsoft person.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No problem man. To be honest, I haven't a clue about the bait thing. If I had to guess I'd say it had something to do with scent pellets for hunting, but most tackle places I've been to now seem to stock air rifles and paintball guns - so it's probably just recreational.

Onto the silver things:
    The way a Spyder's built, there's a hammer inline with the trigger assembly where you can adjust your velocity from - that will be the bottom one. If you were to remove this, you'd see that there is a bar connecting it to the top one; the top one being the bolt which, like with your RIF's, will be inline with the barrel. You'll find that when you air it up and fire it, both the hammer and the bolt will kick back in unison, cocking the mechanism after each shot. It's a very reliable system, and you'll come across it often with paintball markers.

Maintenance is pretty easy too with these, you can just slide the bolt and hammer out of the back, give them a quick swab and lube and they'll be good to go!
    Any more questions, don't be afraid to ask (especially if you're at a game) - we're a friendly bunch!

EDIT: Just noticed you've got an E-Trigger (the bit in the grip) on it too, you'll need a 9V battery connected to get the mechanism to work. Although that's something I'm not too familiar with (plenty of others will know about it though).
    Last edited by Wolfman; 17-07-2013 at 13:24.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog