Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tippmann TiPX

Hi guys

So, what's the deal with these? Are they accurate (I mean, no barrel kits needed - I know you need to get close). How do you make them run on air? Remote line?
    Don't want to use CO2 sparklets.
    What are these Zeta mags?
    What cool things do you need for a newbie who wants one?

Thanks

My Setup is:
    Markers: Planet Eclipse Gtek and Etek 5.
    UKPSF: 5429

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Tippmann TiPX

Whenever I have picked up a pistol for the first time it has appeared more accurate - however I attribute this to the way it is fired, usually arm outstretched pointing, which is naturally at the target you are looking at

For air a remote adaptor is fitted, strip down, drill a hole in the back of the body (which is already marked off by tippmann so its an easy drill),remove an existing fitting and replace with the one in the kit, fit the adaptor, reassemble

You must always have a 12 gram (empty) inserted for the seal, so keep your last used 12 gram inside
    Add a remote line

I use either a classic remote line or mini remote that I have built using macro line and a rail mount.
    I can fit a 13 ci cylinder under the barrel (its big and off balance though but usable)

It is also possible to 'charge' the tipx with air - attach the remote line & cylinder, it fills the tipx then disconnect
    It will shoot a small number of shots but I have never tried them for consistency/velocity
    If any good then this would do the 'emergency sidearm' job without needing the remote attached all of the time

Zeta mags are effectively 2 mags stuck together, but built that way rather then falling apart.
    Extended mags can come with their own issues such as not fully feeding or jamming etc
    For the zeta it's realy 2 in 1
    I've not used one but at paintfest tried it out for reload switching, it will need practice but it is as easy as 'drop / spin / push'
    The 2 ends also have higher capacity - 10 * 2 so it more then doubles capacity
    There is a 'dust boot/cap'. For the fasted switch you don't want the cap (EG CQB) but to avoid dirt you do want it on (EG woods)
    It will just need to go into the practice routine - cap off / drop / spin / push / cap on

The essential is a lanyard. Other then that its ready to go

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks heaps!! Going to look into it and see if I can attend that Warfighters thing back end of October

My Setup is:

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Wildwayz,
    The best thing about the TiPX is reliability, you can get it caked in mud and they'll still fire.
    Accuracy wise they're pretty average, nothing special. I've heard fitting them with a stock phenom barrel gives you that bit extra consistancy, but we've only tried Lapco's Big Shot - which admittedly didn't do that much. My major gripe with the TiPX is the grip, the grip design is shocking. Because the angle is less than your usual 45 degree (almost vertical) there's a real tendency for people to aim low - coupled with all the heavy parts being stationed at the front-end of the gun and you've got a real knee capper! :P
    You can still shoot fine once you acknowledge that, I just think it's shoddy.

Tom's nailed it on the head with the zetamags and remote, so all I'll really add to that is that the TiPX doesn't really benefit from other add-ons like red dots and foregrips and so on - it's mainly for the cosmetic factor. Although you could do a simple First Strike conversion if you wanted the option to use those rounds.

Although Snake grumbles about his, he's been using it for years and it's done well by him - he just gets jealous of the extra range a little brass can bring.

Also, what Warfighter's thing is this? Have they got an event on? Love that site!
    Last edited by Wolfman; 01-08-2013 at 12:55.

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks

Never know if a TiPX or an 8.1 is better... main thing is, I want to use air, not CO2 sparklets

As for the Warfighters:

http://www.magfed.co.uk/2013/07/30/black-ops-1/

and

http://www.magfed.co.uk/2013/07/30/o...ipx-challenge/

My Setup is:

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

YEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! XD
    You sir, have just made my day, I was gutted when their last one got cancelled. Now we've just got to find some more guys.

There's a remote line adapter for the 8.1 now too, so both options are there for you. The way I'd stack it up is like this;

- Are you looking for customizability? The TiPX offers a good supply of performance upgrades, the 8.1 offers more in terms of tinkering (triggers etc).
    - Is it going to be a primary? The 8.1 has better shot-for-shot consistancy from stock, but the TiPX will be the lighter (and cheaper) of the two to run.
    - Is capacity an issue? While there's a zeta-mag body kit coming out for the 8.1 (https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...08358523_n.jpg), currently the TiPX is the only one to have it (the 17-round 8.1 extendeds are prone to jamming, so avoid those).

Me and Snake went in completely different directions when we got magfed pistols - I preferred the heftier 8.1, but he found the grips too big. Mine would outshoot his (well, that or he's a crap shot :P) but his wouldn't jam up with mud and so-on.
    You can't really go wrong with either.
    Last edited by Wolfman; 01-08-2013 at 13:25.

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks Wolfie!

Looking forward to seeing (and shooting you both) at the YPC walkon! Might just stick with the TiPX... can get them nice and cheap 2nd hand...

It's just the drilling I worry about...

My Setup is:

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

H'ok - bought a 2nd hand TiPX for 110 inc delivery - lightly used but in as new condition (a guy on FB magfedpbuk group was selling 13 of them).

Then ordered 2 Zeta mags, an extra 2 pack of normal mags, a FazMag holder and a remote line kit.

So in total, i'll have 4 x Normal TiPX mags, 2 Zeta mags and 2 Fazmag holders, which i'll put the Zetamags on and attach them to my molle. My vest has a pocket for the other 4 TiPX mags.

Now, I need a straight remote line - only got a coil one, which is a bit stiff - but can't find them :/

My Setup is:

9. The Following Users Like This Funky Post That WildWayz Carefully Crafted:

Wolfman (05-08-2013)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WW - it's spooky, I've been going through an almost identical thought process with the same result.

I fancy getting into magfed (already booked into Drakelow at the end of Sept and fancy the Warfighters day in Oct too) but don't want to commit to a full AR-sized marker until I've had a chance to fondle some. Prefer the look of the Tib 8.1 and the idea of having 12g and paint combined, but I've got dainty hands, so decided to get a TiPX - will be buying new, just need to decide on colour....black or olive?

Thinking of getting 3 Zetamags and a couple of Fazmags to hold the spares - although not sure what I'll mount the Fazmags on as I've only got a BT static halfvest at the moment and guess I really need the mags on the front somewhere.

I've only tried running remote once and hated it, so going to stick to 12g for the moment. One nice thing about the Zetamags (that I've read) is that a single 12g will effectively shoot a whole 20 ball mag, so you swap 12g and mag simultaneously, rather than losing track of how many balls you've shot with smaller capacity mags.

Will then consider getting a FS breech and possibly a barrel swap, but the big thing I'm waiting for is the MILSIG FXR - which clamps onto a TiPX (or Tib) and turns it into a carbine-sized marker. In one of their videos they also mentioned that the FXR would enable you to run an in-stock 13cu in air tank with the TiPX, which would be awesome! Just waiting for them to pull their fingers out and release them!
    UKPSF: 2770

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mmmmmmm sounds tasty Gadge!
    The problem with the sparklets, is that with the Zeta mag, you are changing mag AND sparklet at the same time, so reloading is slowed down a lot.
    I am thinking a straight air pipe would mean less resistance - or pull on the lighter pistol.

My Setup is:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the 'prepped' point to be drilled, the centre dot gives the drill something to work on and keeps it tidy

This is it after drilling

With my mini remote I can use it with the cylinder mounted to the rail

13. The Following Users Like This Funky Post That tommikka Carefully Crafted:

WildWayz (05-08-2013)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.demonpaintball.co.uk/inde...product_id=611