User Tag List

Thread: A5 barrel leak before cocking - normal?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A5 barrel leak before cocking - normal?

I've had my A5 for less than a year, only used it twice and am thinking of selling it as I don't get to use it as much as I'd like.
    So I stripped it down like I have done many times before, checked it all out, lubed it up and reassembled it.

Then I attached the remote line and unscrewed the thing to let the air through and it just goes WOOOOSH out of the barrel constantly until I turn the screw shut again.
    I was concerned so I checked it all again and it was all in place as far as I could tell (Like I said I've stripped it down several times to clean it/change stock etc).
    Then I realised that If I cocked the marker and then let the air through the marker pressurised as normal and fired as normal.

I read the manual again and couldn't see anything about having to cock it first - unless I'm going blind - and I don't remember having had to do it before. But it is entirely possible I have just forgotten something since it had been about 8 months since I'd had anything to do with it.

So - is this normal? Do you usually have to cock it before you pressurise? Or will a potential customer be angry to find that this is the case? I don't want to rip anyone off obviously, I want to get it in excellent condition first.

If there's a specific issue you recognise here I'd love some detail so I can fix it
    " It is not known if the puppy managed to eat any of the Yorkshire puddings.
    UKPSF 7001
    Tippmann A-5

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: A5 barrel leak before cocking - normal?

Ah I just found some help online and apparently yes - you do have to cock it and it is a ridiculously simple thing to have forgotten about. I think it was a case of me not having used it for ages AND having also succesfully stripped it in the past I assumed I KNEW how to do it and didnt realise there were things I'd forgotten. Doh. I can't see how to delete this post so feel free to delete it mods!
    " It is not known if the puppy managed to eat any of the Yorkshire puddings.
    UKPSF 7001
    Tippmann A-5

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog